MARKET OPERATIONS MANAGER
Meet the Grower, TASTE THE REGION
Willunga Farmers Market is a not-for-profit incorporated association which runs the successful weekly farmers market in the historic town of Willunga every Saturday.
We are looking for an energetic and passionate individual for the role of Market Operations Manager with demonstrated Management and Leadership skills.
This position will report directly to the General Manager of the Willunga Farmers Market.
The Market Operations Manager is the responsible manager attending the weekly market ensuring a consistent high level market is presented to our shoppers and stallholders.
- Responsible for day of operations at WFM
- Sourcing new stallholders and members for WFM
- Design and implement market map for each market
- Arrange and manage staff at the information stall
- Share farm audits with the General Manager to ensure stallholders are compliant with our code of practice
- Continually review and audit processes in-line with the WFM code of practice.
- Work closely with staff, volunteers and stallholders to ensure an efficient and collaborative work environment
- Support the General Manager in the development of a strategy to increase volunteer staff participation to enhance the market experience for shoppers and alleviate workload on paid staff on Market Day.
- Ability to maintain collaborative and effective relationships with all team members and volunteers
- Ensure all market signage, literature, merchandise and handouts are properly and attractively displayed at all times during market day
The successful applicant will have relevant experience in a similar role with strong written and oral communication skills and demonstrated staff management skills.
Experience in website management and social media will be an advantage but is not a requirement.
The Market Operations Manager will work very closely with the General Manager to ensure all operations are carried out in accordance with the approved Strategic and Business Plans and that there is a consistent, coordinated and practical implementation of all policies and procedures.
The position is a Part-time position (28 hours per week) and the successful applicant will be offered a 12month contract, renewable as mutually agreed between both parties.
The market operations manager will be required to work full time from time to time to cover sick / annual leave.
Written applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org to be received by C.O.B. on 12th December 2016.
For further information please contact Pip Forrester (0414 540 386) or Steve Scown (0418 853 911)